Monday 28 November 2011

Gone Too Soon

We can't plan life. All we can do is be available for it. - Lauryn Hill

Lost a friend in a blink of an eye.

Death is a natural thing in life; it’s a reality that every human being need to face it one day. Drunk Driving accident, one of the most top causes of death all around the world. For the last few years all countries had launch a campaign regarding anti drink driving as its statistically proven been increasing every year.

Last week a dear friend of mine passed away because drunk driving and I am fully aware this common tragic accident will sometimes happen in the society but it never crossed my mind it will happen in my circle. Apologies if I sounds ignorant. 

I must admit whenever I heard people passed away in any various causes, I do feel sympathy and sad but never ever felt lost. But when I received a called and heard a sobbing sound from her. My heart stops when she explains to me that our dear friend has gone. I was shivering, my heart squeezed can't breath and suddenly part of me was being swept away, I felt empty. In my mind still trying to convince my self that this is not possible and this cant be possible. Because if death took him, it should be me who go first instead of him cause I was born earlier than him.

While processing the horrible reality, I start hated him to leave me so soon and honestly there were times that I questioned God, of why he can do this to a fairly young boy, because he certainly still has a bright future ahead, his mom who loves him...his sister and brother who still need his guidance and of course us who still need his companion. I know it's not right to question the Creator's decision, but I just can't help it. I know I need to stop, people always say good one always go first even in inexplicable way. So I reached to the understanding now of why God brought him near to us..because he is truly an amazing friend during his time on earth.

Back in my mind I always expect that he is around and will be around for the longest time. Now since he has gone I still can sense his presence but he is drifting away from my heart. And I don't like this feeling, imagining that I can't remind him to stand near me, stroke his shoulder wanting his attention or even call him because he is unreachable now. 

I cherish him dearly like the way he cherishes all his mates. Its my privilege to know him. Rest In Peace my dearest friend. At the moment I choose not to believe that you were gone, and I am sorry for that..but I will eventually need to accept it and move on. Wishing that he would pop into my dream regularly so I can see his friendly face again and won’t be missing him badly. I am trusting that he is in a good hand now since he is up there in 7th heaven, but  because of my selfishness now I am praying asking God to allocate him one stair below at 6th heaven so he can be nearer to me. I love you my dear friend. Hugs and Kisses.

"Stay alive. Don’t drink and drive"

No comments:

Post a Comment