Friday 4 November 2011

Till We Meet Again

Believe in love. Believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa Clause. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams. If you don't, who will? - Jon Bon Jovi


Reunion: A social gathering attended by members of a certain group of people who have not seen each other for some time.

Theres only 2 groups of people for this. They would be either terrifying or exciting in facing a reunion. Honestly I am with the terrifying club, not something that I can be proud of, however I am trying to overcome this phobia because it’s certainly not a good habit of possessing it. Attending reunion is actually a good thing, despite it can make you human again, it can as well expand your circle of friends and if you are not being hard on yourself you actually can have a great time.

Recently I was given a chance to attend my university reunion. My good mate encourage me to attend by sending me reminder through all channel of communications, email, txt, msn you name it. At first I am very hesitate as usual.  So after a delusional optimism that my mate given me I've decided to go... Convicing myself, C’mon, how bad it could be? And frankly speaking, now in my late 20’s I am most certain that I had encountered even scarier moment than this.

Here I listed down of what I've learned so far in attending the reunion:

1. Be polite and maintain eye contact

2. Yes, you might know by now that in the matter of fact of this event you will face some person who will give an impression of: throwing a lame joke about you, bragging about themselves, comparing or being sarcastic, please don’t get work up and decided to leave the party immediately, instead you can switch to be an attentive listener (well you can choose to listen or not but dont forget to do constant normal nodding plus a soft smile)

3. Pick up some simple diplomatic words to use againts some negative aura such as "ces't la vie"

4. Be generous to give a sincere compliment, example "It's been ages..you look terrific" (this is not fake...1. it is true that it's been ages, and 2. people tend to change to be better as time goes by, theres a saying goes fine wine get better with age)

5. Always give a positive comment or response

6. Drink moderate amount of alcohol, I know it can be tempting to drink more since its on the house...but it will be wiser not to give an opportunity for your former classmate to give you a new nickname

7. Offer drink or food to your fellow friends if you want to get one for yourself, not to all, just the one you standing close to

8. Brush up your knowledge in politics, fashion, music...everything that happening in the world at the moment, trust me it can be handy :)

9. Dont be too occupied in texting or playing with your mobile. Eventhough you are bored...Open up and try to make a little conversation, they are not goin to bite you

10. Feel great of who you are, boost your confidence by wearing a fabulous yet comfortable cloths, from head to toe…from inside to outside. Be neutral with fashion trends

Have a great fun for your next reunion event! Be yourself because you are awesome just the way you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment