Friday 28 October 2011

Tioman, Malaysia

I come from a very non-accepting family, but I'm very accepting. - Katy Perry

Monsoon season for this year is coming soon therefore I had my last short quick dive trip 2 weeks ago. I went to Tioman for the weekend.  This small island is always recommended by dive centres in Singapore, this island is likely to be selected by divers for their final in open water course. Tioman is a popular destination for weekend trip because apart that it's relatively near to Singapore, the actual potential of this island that is surrounded by numerous coral reefs. Tioman's beaches were depicted in the 1958 movie, South Pacific as Bali Hai. In the 1970s, TIME Magazine selected Tioman as one of the world's most beautiful islands. (as per wiki)

So after liaising back and forth email finally we decided as a team. On one fine Friday after work, I began my journey, we hired an MPV and drove to Mersing and stay a night in hotel Timotel, before crossing over to Tioman the next early morning, to catch a 6:30am ferry. Hotel Timotel is a small decent average clean hotel that provide a complimentary shuttle service to the jetty (8 minutes away from jetty) and complimentary coffee/tea toast in the morning. Please inform the front office if you require an early preparation breakfast and morning call. At that night we managed to get 3 hours sleep woke up half zombie at 4am and get ready. Room rate for this hotel around RM 60 per person per night.


The ride quite bumpy, long and freezing….please bring a sweater and socks (normally the one that passenger fondly slip to handbag quietly while on the flight and it proven to be useful just like this rare occasion) for me it's necessary to wear it cause it can get pretty cold in the boat. After 2 hours on and off nap in the ferry, then we arrived Tioman. 

Sunshine...hahhh..such a relief everytime i see a white sand and blue sea.




Can't wait to jump into the sea and greets all the species that swaggering down there. By the time I arrived in Babura Resort, a very convenient resort just next to Tioman Reef Divers. The whole package consists full rental gear (suits, fin, mask, boot, BCD, Regulator, tank, weight and belt) cost RM 50 and RM 450 a package for 4 day dives, 1 night dive and stay in sea view room. Good deal isnt it :)  Iam very lucky as a group that I went with is a regular customer for it.




It was overall a pleasant experiences, I had overcome sea sickness cause a strong current, it was only the 3rd day after full moon and monsoon season is coming for another 2.5 weeks and I also had overcome fear cause nausea under 18m deep, with a low air of 30 bar. I had reach to point of having hallucination underwater that Iam goin to die heheheh I know I am slightly over reacted and the thing that make me paranoid because my mask experienced a leakage in the beginning of this dive trip.





Well here Iam still writing a blog eventhough after several weeks MIA, means that yes I still survive and healthy. :)

I would suggest if you are desperate to dive over a weekend and looking somewhere near Singapore. You only have 1 option to go to Tioman. What you expect to see in Tioman, they have various nudi, giant cuttlefish, colourful sea fan, clown fish, scorpion fish, moral eels and bamboo shark. Well Iam lucky that I saw one large humphead fish.
 


However please be super fit if you decided to execute this trip because its very tiring and rushing, with that full schedule in the line. You need an extra extra multivitamin. Apart from Vitamin you need to feed yourself a good food, my way was fed myself with more carbs during this trips, lucky me that all meals are inclusive in the package apart from luxury snacks and drinks. And FYI this resort serves a very delicious dishes, a simple yet yummy meal.


Live to Cherish!

No comments:

Post a Comment